Friday, February 12, 2010

Gallbladder

Who would have thought something so little could be so painful. I started having pain last Tuesday Feb. 2nd and to make a long story short had my gallbladder taken out on Wednesday Feb. 10th. I am feeling a lot better and able to do a lot of things except pick up Brenna. She is over the 10 pound limit. I have had a lot of help from my mom who came from ID and Ken went to work one day this week. The hardest thing is when Brenna is crying for me and I can't pick her up. She has been a trooper with not being able to nurse for almost a day and taking more bottles than she has ever taken in her life. I should continue to heal and am looking forward to being able to shower again tomorrow. A sponge bath just isn't the same and my abdomen looks like tanning gone wrong from the iodine used for surgery. I appreciate friends and family and all the offers of meals and babysitting. I have felt so much better with my gallbladder out than I felt with it in.
On a lighter note while I was in the hospital Abree found my stash of her swimsuits and she has already tried on two of them today. I hid them so I could get her dressed and not turn around to leave the house and see her in her swimsuit. It is time to hide them again.

4 comments:

Suman Family said...

i had my gallbladder out almost two years ago. life afterward = bliss. i am glad everything went well and it sounds like you're well taken care of. good luck! and congrats on being pain free - i know how awful it is!

Shellie said...

I remembered that when I had my appendix out in 2006, it was on Feb. 10. Weird.

Enjoy your shower!

AOlson said...

Hope you are feeling better Nicole.

Jandy Lou said...

I am glad everything has worked out! I hope it continues to heal. I am thinking about you!! Wish I was there to make a yummy cake for you!